Are your staff interested in a 4.5 hour face-to-face training session that will enhance the capacity of your service to more appropriately meet the needs of people with MND?
The aim of the MND Aware face to face training is to facilitate an awareness of the impact of motor neurone disease (MND), inform and resource front line staff on effective ways of responding to people with MND and enhance the capacity of existing services to more appropriately meet the needs of people with MND.
The MND Aware training has been specifically developed for health and community care providers including:
- community, home care, disability and aged care workers
- intake and referral staff
- NDIA staff
- case managers
- health, allied health and palliative care professionals
Some of the feedback in the participant evaluations include:
- great balance of information on MND and how to actually apply this information when providing care to a person with MND and their family
- thank you - making a challenging subject interesting, informative, thought provoking in a gentle environment
- I was able to reflect on previous client whom I've case managed and brought the human side of things rather than focusing on the task
- thankyou for the brilliant opportunity, it will be exceptionally helpful in all areas of care for my clients with MND
- great resources provided, feel less helpless in helping people with MND
- very impressed by the knowledge and understanding of the trainers and also with the young professionals in the group
- this is an excellent workshop. I'll definitely recommend my other colleagues to read through the online training material that complements this training
To date, 985 health and community care professionals have attended 37 sessions and 99% of them rated the training as very good to excellent.
To register select the date and venue from the calendar.
The face-to-face sessions are designed to complement the MND Aware web-based awareness training sessions that can be accessed free online at: http://www.mndcare.net.au/overview/online-training-for-service-providers/mnd-aware.
The development of the MND Aware online and face-to-face training sessions has been supported by NSW Government Family & Community Services, Ageing, Disability and Home Care and MND NSW.